Didn’t see this coming, did you? It’s been a year and half since my last make-up tutorial, and the way I do my make-up now has changed drastically from my first make-up tutorials from 2011 and 2012.
Chalk it up to age? Maybe! Nowadays, I don’t go for the all-out cutesy look anymore like I used to, and I can skip the crazy contact lenses and insanely thick false eyelashes now without cringing at how I end up looking.
It’s not so much growing into my own looks, but more accepting and being more comfortable with my own skin. I think my overall personal style has matured and has become a lot less fussy as well. It was only natural for me to match my make-up with my style evolution!
Anyhow, this look has been my no-fail everyday make-up since I dyed my hair darker. I think it’s my most versatile make-up look yet! I can go out and meet up with my friends, or go to a meeting looking like this. It’s a simple and classic look that can also save a lot of time and effort in the morning. I swear I’ll do anything just to sleep a little longer!
Anyone can easily emulate this look since it only uses basic items like eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. You can use any brand.
A big part of my current look are my eyebrows! I became a lot more conscious about filling in and shaping my eyebrows when I grew my bangs out. Suddenly, forehead! Unfortunately, I’m not blessed with Cara Delevingne eyebrows, so I always have to draw mine every single time.
What I normally do is use an eyebrow pen to outline the shape that I want, an eyebrow pencil to fill in the sparse areas, and an eyebrow brush to blend any harsh lines. Super quick and easy!
After doing my eyebrows, I start with my eye make-up:
1) Apply any brown eyeshadow on your eyelid.
I feel like this technique works better with shimmery eyeshadows instead of matte ones since the shimmer creates a 3D effect on its own.
2) Apply the same color under your eyes.
At this point, I start blending any harsh lines with my fingers. No need for pro tools! The point is not to look like you spent x number hours just trying to prettify yourself, lol. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Unless you are me, but even so, I prefer to make my life simpler!
On some days, I use white/gold shimmer for that aegyo sal or namida bukuro effect. On other days, I skip this step and go straight to lining my eyes.
3) Eyeliner time. This is the my signature eyeliner technique to make my eyes look longer/wider and my face look slightly smaller. You’ll know that someone else did my make-up if my eyeliner doesn’t look like this!
First I line my eyes with liquid eyeliner, the way a normal person would. Then things start going crazy from here.
4) Following your natural eye shape, extend the line as much as you can. Make sure it doesn’t go past your eyebrows though!
5) Drag another line down to connect the first line and the wing.
6) Fill it all in! Sometimes i use brown liquid eyeliner for a softer effect.
7) Apply mascara on your top and bottom lashes. If you have extra time or want to go for a day-to-night kind of look, put on some flirty, feathery false lashes. If you’re busy and don’t want to look too made-up, the mascara will do.
When it comes to picking out a lipstick shade to match this eye make-up, it’s nice to balance it out with coral, nude or pink. You can do red or hot pink but make sure you skip the second step so your make-up won’t look too heavy! Balance is key!
If there are any questions or if anyone gets inspired by this, take a picture and feel free to comment on this entry. Hope this tutorial helps in one way or another!
See you guys at tomorrow Doll Glam event! Everyone is invited, and the girls with the cutest outfits can win special prizes!