1. Bailey was our first family dog. We only got her in 2013? But I feel like I changed a lot because of her. I became a warmer, happier, more caring person. I didn’t know I had it in me! I was initially annoyed by her, to be honest. I found it such a hassle that we had to take her out to poop and pee, that our furniture started to smell like dog, that she’d sometimes sneak into bathrooms and wreak havoc by pulling all the tissue rolls. But now I can’t anymore remember life before we had her (and Angel, the other Labrador we adopted from a priest).
2. I have a FB group with two of my BFFs, Crissey and Farrah. We mostly share beauty reviews and cute animals! We deliberately misspelled our individual names in the group as Trisya, Krisi (but call her Krisisi for the lelz), and Bebe Fara (because she’s our precious baby – our age gap is quite big). It has come to a point where they actually sometimes blurt out my name as Trisya (as in Tris-ya) in real life. And then they realize that we’re not on Facebook!
3. Me and my siblings are all Sagittarius babies. Rg too!
4. I can eat peanut butter (on any bread) for breakfast everyday. Literally. I survived a month or two of the same exact breakfast everyday, and the only reason why I stopped was because I ran out of peanut butter. I feel like I’m pretty obsessive about the things I like. I’m the type who goes to the same restaurants and order the same-ish things every time.
5. Speaking of food, mushrooms, cheese, and eggs are my OT3. And Japanese cuisine is my fave (obviously).
6. In grade school, I followed all the rules and did everything accordingly because I didn’t want to stand out. I didn’t excel in anything in particular, or at least I didn’t show that I was. Any sort of attention (positive or negative) only made me anxious. Many of my batchmates knew that I could draw, and that I liked art, anime, and video games, but I think (it’s all in my head, I swear) it didn’t sound as cool then as it is now. I’ve always been a really anxious person, and the first step I did at fighting my anxiety in school was finally showing people (in 2nd or 3rd year high school) that I was passionate about photography and graphic design. I pushed myself to do my best at an interschool photojournalism contest, and I won 1st place –yay! I also went on to do the layouts and photography for our school paper, which, now that I think about it, was quite telling of what I was going to end up as. I also took creative photos for our yearbook.
7. I still have my first ever dSLR (Canon 350D) with me. Many have expressed interest in buying it, but among all my cameras, it’s the only one I don’t think I can ever let go. It reminds me of that time when I was starting out, when I had to make do with an entry-level camera and its kit lens, when I didn’t have a name for myself and was only a deviantART photography enthusiast who simply wanted to share her work online. It’s a daily reminder of that time when I started from the bottom, with my followers being the main force propelling me to where I am right now. I’m thankful that the Internet made the world a level playing ground where someone like me, back then a 17/18 year old who didn’t have a foot in the door of the industry or a famous family name to back her up, could actually have a chance at instilling some sort of change in the grand scheme of things.
8. Arashi videos will always be my guilty pleasure. In college, I even joined some locked LJ communities just so I could watch subbed Arashi videos during my free time. Arashi no Shukudai-kun still remains to be my fave (I really loved the format!), but I also loved the early G no Arashi (Aiba Sugoroku!) and Himitsu no Arashi-chan (Childminder Arashi and Mannequin 5 were GOLD) episodes. My favorite Arashi video would be the truth MV and recently (err, well not *that* recently), PARADOX ‘cause they sexy and all grown-up in that MV, lol. Favorite songs would be Yurase, Ima Wo, Still, Pikanchi Double, Kitto Daijobu, Love So Sweet (Just get married already, Mao and Jun!), Step and Go, Everything, Dear Snow, Fukkatsu Love, and many more! These are just the ones at the top of my head at the moment. While Matsujun is my fave, I particularly enjoy Nino’s solo songs like Niji, 1999*4##111, and his Kiseki cover!
9. But really, my first ever intro to the world of Japanese music, besides anime OP and ED songs, was L’arc~en~ciel. Well, my brothers and I first heard about them while watching Rurouni Kenshin. I still consider them my favorite J-rock band!
10. S#arp’s My Lips… Warm Like Coffee and M.I.L.K.’s Come To Me were the first two songs that seriously got me into the K-pop scene. I managed to catch them on Arirang channel and I was hooked since then. That was 2001? 2002? I was in 7th grade or 1st year high school.
11. My ama and angkong used to teach me how to read and write in Mandarin, but I hated having to study during Sunday afternoons! I blindly followed their lessons without really absorbing anything, and now I regret it. It’d really help if I at least understood basic conversations. When I was studying Nihongo, I hated knowing that I would’ve killed all the Kanji lessons if only I took my grandparents’ lessons seriously.
12. One of my first few dates with Rg was at a place where you’d least expect to find me. He brought me at this barbecue place by the sidewalk called Morning Sun. He used to frequent the place with his friends back in college (we were batchmates in Ateneo but only met a few months after graduation), and I guess he wanted to see my reaction? Until now I often joke about it not being a date but a test for me. It was an easy win because I didn’t feel squeamish at all, and it was more a surprise for him than for me, haha. We only ordered barbecue since I told him I’ve never eaten isaw in my life! We were able to come back a few weeks ago (after 5 years) for a friend’s despedida, and he talked me out of eating isaw even if I kinda wanted to try it out. He didn’t want to be responsible for anything that might go wrong with my stomach, lol. Thanks for always taking care of me!
P.S. He also had no idea who I was when we first met. He didn’t really know anything about the blogging world until he met me!
13. Our first movie was Tron (Legacy, back in 2010). While we were thinking of hashtags for our wedding, I thought of combining part of my name and his name (Rg stands for Ron Gabriel). Tricia + Ron = #TRon? But no one really calls him Ron except for my dad, and I don’t remember enjoying that movie enough to celebrate it – oops! (BTW, it’s officially #RGandTriciaWillGoPlaces)
14. Big Fish is one movie I don’t mind watching over and over again. And I am obsessed with period movies! Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Little Women, Bright Star, etc. <3 And fantasy movies like LoTR, Harry Potter, etc.
15. Time travel and different timelines also fascinate me! I enjoyed Final Fantasy XII-2 because of the paradox endings. I was so amazed with Back To The Future as a kid. YES to Midnight in Paris, Edge of Tomorrow, Interstellar, Planet of the Apes, and even The Time Traveller’s Wife, haha. Bran’s storyline in GoT is also my favorite even if it’s not the most popular. I skipped season 5 because Bran wasn’t in it.
16. My favorite video games are Suikoden I and II, Persona 3, and of course, Final Fantasy VII. I don’t play a lot of PC games but I still play Heroes of Might and Magic III sometimes because it will forever be awesome! Honorable mentions: Star Ocean 2, Lunar The Silver Star Story (I memorized Luna’s Boat Song!), Fire Emblem (for the gameplay, not the story).
17. I started photography without any formal training. You know how Saitama became One Punch Man? Like him, I just practiced non-stop! I definitely believe that as long as you keep doing what you love over and over and overrrr again, you’ll eventually become good at it (not that I’m saying I’m good haha but I feel like it comes more naturally to me now)! :D I took photos of everything, brought my camera everywhere, did everything I could so I could develop my own style of taking photos and post-processing.
18. I’ve been the same height and weight since 7th grade. I used to be one of the taller ones when I was younger… but I don’t know what happened along the way, lol. I used to hate my height and build but I appreciate it now that I’m older. I often still get asked if I’m still studying or if I’m still in school, so it’s really a blessing to be petite! I don’t particularly do anything to maintain my figure. It’s mostly genetics, coming from my mom’s side of the family. You guys should see my titas. They’re already 40-60 years old and their legs are as skinny as mine. My older brothers’ legs could also give my legs a run for their money because they can definitely get away with wearing my jeans.
19. Now that I’ve experienced Japan at the peak of spring and autumn, I can proudly say that I prefer the peak of autumn better! I mean, I love sakura (you can guess from this post’s featured image), but I think the warm colors and the red leaves register in photos better than the pale pink-white sakura petals. I found it hard to take good photos of sakura because they ended up looking white and washed out… or I just really suck at photography after all, huhu.
20. I can’t dance. I can’t sing. I fail at sports. I have no hand-eye coordination. I am the most awkward person in the entire world. I don’t think my fashion sense and writing style are exceptionally good. I suck at small talk. I don’t know if I should beso, hug, shake hands, or what.
But I try my best to make it seem like I got it all figured out, hahaha.